In house facilities
Several advanced technology facilities are available in our team unit. These facilities are dedicated to:
- Cellular culture including a unique biological collection of viable frozen cells. Our lymphoma bank belongs to the Center for Biological Resources of Rennes (CRB-Santé https://biosit.univ-rennes1.fr/centre-de-Platressources-biologiques-humaines-crb-sante)
- Molecular biology, including a StepOne Plus quantitative real time PCR
- Protein analysis including Western blot, GBox
- Magnetic cell sorting with an autoMACS Pro Separator and the MultiMACS Cell24 Separator Plus
- Single-cell analysis with the Chromium system from 10X Genomics and a cytoFLEX flow cytometer
The SITI Immunotoring Lab
The research team uses the technological resources available in the SITI Immunotoring Lab located in the CHU of Rennes, including:
- A LSR Fortessa X20 analyser
- A Leica CM3050 S cryostat
- A Variskan Flash plate reader (fluorescence and luminescence), a Biorad Bioplex 200 (Luminex technology)
- A Fluidigm platform (C1 singe-cell Autoprep system, IFC controller MX-HX, Biomark HD)
- Equipments for isolation and quantification of extracellular microvesicles (using Tunable resistive Pulse Sensing principle).
Local core facilities
- Numerous platforms are available within BIOSIT core facilities https://biosit.univ-rennes1.fr/) a Biology and Health Federative Research Structure located in Rennes. BIOSIT is a joint unit of services recognized by the University Rennes 1, CNRS and INSERM. Services include:
a) A flow cytometry/cell-sorting facility with a 5-laser Fortessa and 5-laser FACSAria Fusion cell sorter.
b) The H2P2 IBISA platform providing all the standard tools for tissue preparation including cryostat, microtome, laser microdissection, TMA and a new fluorescent confocal slide scanning microscope (3D-Histech).
c) The Microscopy-Rennes Imaging Center (MRic IBISA France-BioImaging platform, https://biosit.univ-rennes1.fr/mric-microscopy-rennes-imaging-center) equipped with wide-field microscopes, confocal microscopes including spinning disk technology, 2-photon microscopy, videomicroscopy, image processing workstations with analysis software (Imaris) and a lightsheet microscope (Zeiss Z.1). In addition, transmission electronic microscopy is also available (MRic-TEM).
d) The mouse housing facility (https://biosit.univ-rennes1.fr/arche-animalerie-rennaise-centre-dhebergementet-dexperimentation-a1-a2-a3).
- The research team also uses the technological resources of the Biogenouest platform of Rennes (IBISA certified), which belongs to the interregional network of Biogenouest technology platforms in Life and Environment (Sciences: https://www.biogenouest.org/en/core-facilities/)
The GenOuest core facility is the Bioinformatics Platform of Rennes (https://www.genouest.org/). It provides a complete computing power, storage, data banks, and a comprehensive list of software and workflow dedicated to sequence analysis.
Privileged collaborations with external core services
- The LabexIGO "Immunotherapy-Graft-Oncology" supports the development of novel technologies and analysis tools (singlecell/high density approaches). As part of the 15 scientific teams of this consortium in the French large-western region (Nantes, Angers, Rennes and Brest cities), we have access to several platforms https://labexigo.univ-nantes.fr/platforms-research-facilities
- The mass cytometry (CyTOF) platform at the CyPS core lab (http://www.cytometrie.pitie-salpetriere.upmc.fr/)
- The NGS core facility from the Curie institute, https://science.institut-curie.org/platforms/next-generation-sequencing/